Tuesday, March 31, 2009

PETER DOHERTY : GRACE/WASTELANDS


Man I been so bizzy of late I totally forgot thiz was coming out..it came out the 16th...I feel bad..I would of bought it the day it came out...wut iz it? itz PETE DOHERTY's 1st solo record ever!!

so how iz it?....itz bloody GREAT!! good job Pete. really ..not just saying that ..itz fucking ill...slow doherty like I like it..

lush(?) or plush production should I say on "Last of The English Roses".  there's stripped down acoustic numberz"I Am The Rain"...and a full ragtime jazz one "Sweet By and By"..and a KILLER version of a song he's been playin since the LIBERTINES daze..."New Love grow on Tree's".violins!! 

and a surf folk rock version of "Palace of Bone"....then the beautiful ballad "Sheepskin Tearaway"...love that one..I have like 10 versions and this iz one of the best..I was hoping for "Darksome Sea" and "Through The Looking Glass" but "Broken Love Song" iz AMAZING...dreammy james bond meets the Beatles w pete singing..."they are theeee lonlieeest...they are theee lonlieest.."

all in all i really liked the album and was impressed even for me ..a self admitted Doherty addict...itz Mellow Pete...like his solo acoustic performance's w some songs fleshed out more w production...if u only like Pete when he's doing garage rock or uptempo stuff ala the Libertine's u might be suprised by how much u could get into thiz dreamy but effective style..and the cover iz sick too!!!



buy it here.....now!!

ya diiig?

MacktraXXX

5 comments:

  1. I got this last week. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh u like Doherty too? i love u allison..

    hopefully doin a gig w him in London soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh Mackey...we're going to be good friends... =)

    ...love Doherty. Actually, I'm listening to the album right now.

    That's one show I would LOVE to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes we are gonna be great friends!!

    i have been listening to it all day for 3 days now...

    you have excellent taste!!!...its destiny that the AVE and PETE will hook up....in fact its allready in the works...more later

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're formally invited to come party at the Roosevelt with me my lady friends this summer...more later. Muaha.

    ReplyDelete