Saturday, March 14, 2009

A night out w my best friends from LONDON.

So I'm back in LA and I love it. Touring around the world is great, but every time I come back home I realize how much I love HOLLYWOOD.

After about 18 hrs of sleep I wake up and remember some of my best friends from London are in town and they are ready to party. A little back story first.

2 coachella's ago Mickey was invited to play onstage w legendary Manchester group The Happy Monday's. Mickey is on a song from their album Uncle Dysfunctional of that same year.  So we are hangin tough in the Monday's trailer which was right next to Lily Allen's trailer. Mickey tells me to infiltrate the Lily Allen camp and hook us up. We had become fans of hers right before that and were excited to meet her.

Long story but we end up hitting it off with her crew which was like 10 deep and hung out with them the whole rest of Coachella. The brits know how to party and were impressed that we could hang with their level of debauchery and even add a little to it. haha We had so much fun that we all vowed to keep in touch and I ended up making some new friends for life.

Emily , Lily's manager, and I really hit it off and kept in contact. Lily came to LA last year to finish her album and was nice enough to take Mickey and I to go see Lil Wayne at the House of Blues right when The Carter III had just come out. It was a great show which I will never forget..Lily is a witty little talented smartass ..I love her.

Ok cut to now. I get a message from Emily saying she is in LA and is with another one of the crew , Kim who I haven't seen since the original Coachella meeting. Time to hang! I go meet them at Bar Marmont ( don't ask why there) and there is Kim and Emily along w actress Jamie and 2 boys that are  a couple. We are suposed to meet up w Lindsay Lohan as well since Emily's tight w Samantha Ronson and Ms Lohan now too.

Emily is in town finding someone to mix the new group ( The Big Pink) she is managing's record. Em informs me that she no longer manages Lily , but they are still best friends. Her and Lily go way back because Em is best friends w Lil's sister Sarah. Lily and Mickey are a lot alike because they are both demanding to work with and require a lot of attention and concentration from the the people that work for them. So Emily is more relaxed than I've ever seen her and stoked about working with her new group.

We meet up and it's all love. Like I said, I hadn't seen Kim in almost 2 years and I hit it off w Jamie right away. The boys they were with, were great as well, and we proceeded to get pissed (drunk), while waiting for LiLo to show up...

Let's just put it this way if there was a partying category in the Olympics , Britain would win EVERY year.

Lindsay shows up and hangs for an hour or so, then leaves. The rest of us close the place down and move the party to the boys million dollar pad up in Sunset Plaza. Em's playing her new group. I'm showing Jamie and the boys some Mickey Ave, Dirt Nasty, and Beardo and going over my exploits from Australia. Laughs and excitement are bouncing off the walls and each others souls.

Cut to 9am party still going. I crash out literlally on top of Em on the couch, while the party is still going. Everyone is still talking and playing music and I'm out like a rag doll in the middle of it. I somehow make it to a bed and wake up @ 4pm and they are STILL going at it. 

I ask for a cab to be called for me and head home.. The girls are here for another week or 2 so loads more fun to come. I'm bringing them to our show at the Roxy on Tues and we are gonna do it all over again..

Funny how you can meet someone once and instantly be best friends...it's cosmic when that happens. I truly adore these girls and can't wait to go to London and go crazy with them in their town...

Jamie took some pix of the night so i will update this post with them when I get em..

Until our next adventure readers....this is DJ MACKEY and I'm out.

1 comment: