Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm BAAAACCCKKKKK...(the wordy post).

Hey EVERYONE. Sorry for the long delay. I have been busy nonstop since I landed in Australia. A hectic schedule and shotty internet performance has kept me from being able to post..

A quick recap:

Day 1: I landed in Melbourne. Got picked up by the Von Zipper reps. Since I was the only one of the crew allready in Melbourne, they took me to their hotel.  I had the best night with these guys and made some new good friends!! What up CAM, SCOTTY, MATTY, NATE DOG,TOM, JIMMY and I forgot one name but he was a beast. STOP LIGHTS!!!! and THE GOON....wow.

Day 2: Recovered...all the boys arrived....went to a steak dinner...internet not working at hotel.

Day3: Work madness begins. Instore performance soundcheck at 3pm. Performance @ 4pm.
Straight from there to big gig soundcheck. Everything's good. Big gig performance. All my new mates showed up , ripped it. BEARDO literally gave one of his best performances of his life....amazing. Show was good. Made it to bed @ 4am. One of my best mates that I met last year in Oz ( and who is helping us promote the shows) Jarrah shows up at room at 5am with his 6'5 little brother in rare form. Woke up and didn't go back to sleep really cuz.....

Day 4: Had to get up at 9am to catch a flight to Sydney. Imediately go to sound check for the big gig in Sydney. Nice venue, great sound man, but we had a little tech difficulties resulting in a LONG check. Make it back to hotel exhausted. Too many heads around to sleep and I have to suss out the instore performance for 2morrow. PRE SHOW not feeling to good, tired and my voice was pretty much gone. I literlally didn't think I was gonna be able to perform but made it through like a champion w a little help from my man JACK DANIEL'S. Crazy show, sold out, 1300 AUSSIE's going BONKERS. Dirt Nasty climbed a ladder and jumped off of it professional wrestler style...MICKEY killed it as always..Most of the crew went to an after party in KINGS KROSS..I decided to sleep at me mates house and try to avoid all the partying and people at the hotel so I could rest. Slept and HOUR maybe and the party came to right where I was sleeping. Oh well NO SLEEP TIL BROOKLYN....

Day 5: Rooftop party @ Hotel today. I'm supposed to spin. Instore performance too today. So off to soundcheck for that. AVALON shows up and we have a mob scene of 12 year olds everywhere..Go back to hotel room to organize my set for upstairs. Ask if they have Serato. Told no, but they REALLY want me to play anyways. Went up to the party like "fuck it I'll just chill" cuz they don't have Serato. I go up there they DO have it and the HIP HOP DJ SUCKS..A lil bummed I didn't spin but glad to have a lil time to check out the scene...Everyone goes out again. I stay in to watch First 48 ( just like back home) and try to rest..

Day 6: Monday, flew to the gold coast where the surf competion is. I  was weary about going to a beach town ( cuz I'm a city rat) and almost stayed in Sydney another day. I'm glad I DIDN'T because ever since we landed on the gold coast I'm in HEAVEN. My room is at the nicest hotel where the competion surfers stay. They have internet THAT WORKS...It's fully palatial. No show til thursday or friday....ahhh time off after 5 soundchecks and 5 gigs in 3 days.. I'm breezy now. So some fine women came over and I hit it off with one (wut up B!) She even got me in the ocean!! ( after a lot of vodka) Haven't been in the ocean in 13 years. I love it now. Partied. Got all loud and obnoxious.

Day 7: Today, tuesday the 3rd. Woke up to a beautiful girl next to me and had some breakfast dipped in the ocean and FINALLY got back on the net!! I missed it badly...I have NO idea what is going on in the world...gonna check some stuff out now, but I had to update all of you 1st!

more later and pix

shouts to CHUCKY, JARRAH,TREECE, BROPHY from the PRICKS, THE PROTECTOR's , TOMMY, GEORGE, MICAH and ASHLEY for working so hard. And a special thanks to all the lovely fans I have met as well.

MACKEY

3 comments:

  1. You must not be partying too hard if you have this good of a memory shit I forgot what I did the other day LOL NO SLEEP TIL BROOKLYN.... BEASTIE BOYS STYLE hell yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u chillin out there cuz

    ReplyDelete
  3. BREAKFAST DIPPED IN THE OCEAN SOUNDS GOOD!

    ReplyDelete